Thursday, March 3, 2016

"Chile Pepper Chicks Webcast" short comedy film script for 2 females

CHILE PEPPER CHICKS
 (THE WEBCAST)
by D. M. Larson

For permission to use this script, please contact doug@freedrama.net

Here are the requirements for posting the film online - http://freedramaplays.blogspot.com/2015/07/would-you-like-to-use-free-script-for.html



Cast of Characters
PEPPER: Lead guitar of the Chile Pepper Chicks who faints when nervous
CHI-CHI: Lead singer of the Chile Pepper Chicks

SCENE 1

(The scene can be a living room or bedroom. It is done up with handmade decorations reading "The Chile Pepper Chicks" and there is a guitar, microphone and keyboard)

(PEPPER and CHI-CHI enter dressed in flashy Western cowgirl clothing)

CHI-CHI
I can’t believe you made us late again, Pepper. The webcast starts in a few minutes.

PEPPER
I’m sorry Chi-Chi. I had to get my rhinestones polished.
(PEPPER gets out her guitar and sets it on a stand while CHI-CHI checks the computer to prepare for the webcast)

CHI-CHI
You need to stop worrying about your appearance and think more about the music.

PEPPER
My appearance is half of what makes us an attraction, Chi-chi.

CHI-CHI
Your appearance? What about mine?

PEPPER
Sorry, sis. But you kind of let yourself go.

CHI-CHI
What?

PEPPER
The only reason we keep you on is because of your singing.

CHI-CHI
We? We who?

PEPPER
We, me and the fans.

CHI-CHI
The fans adore me.

PEPPER
They adore me. They tolerate you.

CHI-CHI
That’s it. After this I’m going solo.

PEPPER
Good luck with that.

CHI-CHI
I can do it. I can.

PEPPER
You can’t even play an instrument. Or even write your own music. You’re lucky I can’t sing or I’d be going solo. Maybe I could just lipsinc. The lipsinc thing is big now.

CHI-CHI
You’d never make it either. You’d be like a deer in a headlight.

PEPPER
I wouldn’t.
(Gets scared)
CHI-CHI
You’re terrified of being on stage. The only reason you survive is because all eyes are on me… the singer. You’re nothing without me either.

PEPPER
(Scared)
I've never done anything live before.

CHI-CHI
Oh, no. Don’t you…

PEPPER
How many people are gonna be watching, Chi-Chi? This is a major webcast isn't it? It's a big deal right? People from all over the world could be watching.

CHI-CHI
Nobody’s here. Just us. You and me... alone in this room.


PEPPER
(Starts breathing hard)
I can’t do this, Chi-Chi.
(Breathing really hard)

CHI-CHI
Come on. You’ve played hundreds of songs for hundreds of videos.

PEPPER
But never live. With people watching while I do it.

CHI-CHI
Calm down, Pepper. It’ll be okay.

PEPPER
Can’t… breathe…

CHI-CHI
Don’t do this, Pepper. You always do this when we get close to making it big… Please not now. This is our…
(PEPPER passes out and falls so only her boot are showing)
… big break.
(Looks at her)
Pepper?
(Gets angry)
Pepper!
(Looks at watch)
You know what? You want to go solo? Fine. You go solo. Have a nice audition.
(Stomps off camera and slams the door. PEPPER's feet slowly slip and fall to the floor)

END OF SCENE

No comments:

Post a Comment